Home Away from Home
Aviator’s Place is a 70-bed student hostel facility owned and operated by the New Zealand Airline Academy. It’s located in the centre of Oamaru Town and a short walk to all amenities and 15 minutes ride by car to the flight academy.
Both Directors of the New Zealand Airline Academy have lived in New Zealand as international students during their flight training years. From their own experiences, they understood how difficult it is to come from a different culture and adapt to a country which would be home for just 10-12 months. All this, while learning to acquire a new skill – flying.
So, they embarked on the idea of setting up a fully catered hostel for students – Aviator’s Place (AP). This product offering ensures that students can focus on their studies and training; and not worry about cooking and cleaning.
- Aviator’s Place is a 70-bed student hostel facility owned and operated by the New Zealand Airline Academy. It’s located in the centre of Oamaru Town and a short walk to all amenities and 15 minutes ride by car to the flight academy.
- The Halls of residence consist of 2 buildings – the Grand Building and the Modern Building. Rooms in the modern building is uniform in size but rooms in the Grand building varies in size.
- At Aviator’s Place, every student will have their own independent ensuite room (attached toilet & bathroom). All rooms are fully furnished with a single bed & mattress, duvet, electric blanket, study table, chair, table lamp, wardrobe, room heater, bathmats, and towels. All rooms are cleaned, and all linens washed regularly.
- Meals & Catering – Fully catered 3 meals are available all days except breakfast on Saturday and Sunday. Students have the option of both vegetarian and non-vegetarian meals. There is a student kitchen if student wish to cook their mother or grandmother’s recipe from time to time. AP also has a 24-hour coffee station to make a cup of coffee or tea for learners’ long hours of self-study.
- Sports & Entertainment. Aviator’s Place has a games room with table tennis and billiards and a play-station room for the gamers. It also boasts of a small gym for a quick workout. For serious body builders – Snap Fitness a 24-hour gym is available 200 meters from the hostel.
- Transportations. Transportation from the hostel to school and back is also part of the product offering. Most of all, unlimited internet is available 😊 both at AP and at the flight academy.
Got Questions? No problem.
The promoters are passionate about what they offer and ensure that all students are well-fed and taken-care off during their stay in Oamaru, New Zealand. A handbook on the guide for student well-being is available on request.